Come: a poem




Let's break back on the sternum
of this earth, grind the teeth
of trees into the long legged noon.
Come, is this not why we are here—
to crush the towers of sky
into the hungry bosom of the sea?
Have we not been violent to the grass
sticking their flimsy blades in retort?
Have we not cooked the soil
seeking for roasted nuts hiding golden
seeds? Come, let's bend the waist
of the wind into service, let it revolve,
gods let it revolt the earth from
the milky way into the distant stars
dying their unwitnessed deaths.
Come, let us be righteous about this,
let us call the name of gods & carry
their name like bloody axes into night.
Come one, come all.


Note: It has been a very long time since i bothered with this blog. So much has changed in my life since then. The blog still remains my room for poetry and experimentation. I hope that i will be able to bring to you both works that touch me and my own works that hopefully will touch you. 
If you have been waiting for my return, thank you for trusting. If you are coming for the first time, then welcome to my inanities. 

image credit: pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts are With You

WHAT DO YOU SEE

THE TEACHER’S RHYME