IT’S A FREE VERSE I WRITE


 It's a Free Verse I Write
Perspiration of a word,
The tears of the soul,
Pouring out in iambic rhythm
On sheets of unforgiving papers.

White lies shine bright,
Blinding truth to darkness unseen;
Turning dreams into mares,
With tongues wagging
In derision and satirical force.

With all these universality,
I can’t see my individuality.
A free verse, I write
But is that the only thing
That is free in me?

Words shaken together,
Running over,
Turned to the editor
And realigned to make sense
To an insensitive race.
Don’t stop to think,
Just write, just write.
Sorrow, pain, joy or rain,
Just write.

photo credit: https://www.emaze.com/@AOILRROT/THe-LiTeRaTuRe-ThInG-MIGUEL-AND-CRISTY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts are With You

WHAT DO YOU SEE

THE TEACHER’S RHYME