XENOPHOBIA IN AFRICA

NOTE:  The attacks on Africans especially Nigerians from other African countries residing in South Africa does not tell a good tale. Agreed, Nigerians, for example, can be overwhelming but that does not make them demons or witches to be killed on sight as the bible doth commands. We in whatever country we are citizens of find certain foreigners obnoxious but accommodation must be reached because we are all humans; all members of the global community. This poem, #iamanafrican reaches out to those who felt aggrieved with the presence of other Africans in South Africa. Please show love. Peace.  

Ps: Check out my design on www.cafepress.com/poetrypicturesshopping. we need to spread the word out.

#IAMANAFRICAN

I am an African
Not an hash tag on twitter or instagram.
I am the tears of the Negro soul,
Beggared freedom oppressed.
The white teeth on the grinning dark face,
Shiny with sweat and grime
That you espy at the mines, fields and cubicles.
I am the soul of ancient beginnings.
I am an African,
Just like you.

I am an African.
The shackles of colonialism
Has tasted my skin too.
I have shed tears at assemblies
When i too saw your shared pain.
Have i not given you bread and wine,
When your stomach rumbled
Like the harmmatan thunder that professed no wet?
Give me a chance to strive,
To achieve and find peace.
Not an hash tag on twitter or instagram.
I am just an African,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts are With You

WHAT DO YOU SEE

THE TEACHER’S RHYME